ANA-Idaho begins 2 year LPN Membership pilot project
Based on input from Idaho LPNs who desired to become members of a nursing organization, the ANAI board of directors voted to begin a 2 year LPN membership pilot project. The pilot project will not require any immediate bylaw changes.
This decision was the result of a survey of Idaho LPNs, a review of what other ANA affiliate organizations have done to facilitate state based LPN memberships, and a review of factors that would impact success and sustainability of LPN membership in ANA-Idaho.
Components of the LPN Membership Pilot Project are:
- ANAI established a 2-year trial membership for LPNs between July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023.
- Membership application will be facilitated through Nursing Networks on the ANAI website.
- Dues will be $35 for 12 months based on date of application.
- No ANAI bylaws will be proposed until the Pilot Project ends.
- LPNs will not have access to member benefits offered by ANA national.
- LPNs will have access to ANA-Idaho state based membership benefits the same as RN members, including:
- Receive RN Idaho
- Receive Nursing Flash
- Member rate for conferences (i.e. LEAP, Legislative)
- Member discount for Ce21 continuing education programs
- An LPN special interest group (LPN-SIG) will be established composed of all LPN members of ANA-Idaho once a cohort of 25 members is established.
- LPN-SIG support will be facilitated through the ANAI office
- The LPN-SIG will select a chairperson to serve 1 year terms
- The LPN-SIG chairperson will participate in ANAI board meetings to represent LPN interests. LPN-SIG chairperson voting will be restricted to state-based issues and not on ANA directed national issues
- Sustainability and moving the pilot to permanent status will be based on:
- LPN membership numbers and participation in the project
- LPN desire to maintain the LPN membership option
- Evaluation of any conflicts of interest
- Impact on ANAI as an ANA state constituent based on ANA rulings
- If the pilot is not sustained to become a regular membership category established in the ANAI bylaws at the end of the 2-year pilot project, then LPNs who are ANAI pilot members at the end of the pilot project will be allowed to maintain all membership benefits until their annual membership expires.
LPNs can join by using the membership registration link on the facepage of the ANA-Idaho webpage effective 0600AM, Thursday, July 1, 2021.