Idaho Interprofessional Student Conference on Opioid Education August 9-10 at BSU
ANA-Idaho is pleased to support this FREE education program for students in healthcare professions (minimal charge for non-students).
To Register: http://www.idahoahec.org/conference-attendees/
WHAT IT IS
Southwest Idaho AHEC is sponsoring a statewide conference this summer to support opioid use disorder diagnosis, prevention, and treatment for college level students as future health professionals, including those in medicine, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, social work and counseling. Educators may also attend.
The conference will focus on opioid misuse and abuse; and training on substance use disorder including strategies to address prescription opioid misuse and addiction in rural and underserved communities. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to learn about opioid use disorder diagnosis, prevention, and treatment from health professionals representing a variety of disciplines while connecting with peers in a variety of health profession programs!
WHEN IT IS
Starts Friday, August 9, 2019 at noon and ends Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 4:30 pm
WHERE IT IS
Boise State University Student Union Building
1910 W University Dr, Boise, ID 83725
We promise each conference attendee an enriched experience. We understand your budget may be limited so here’s how we are making every penny count. Your conference registration includes:
- Short day on Friday to allow for travel. The conference opens at 1 pm on Friday with an overview of Idaho of opioid use disorder issues and trends from a substance abuse service provider, followed by perspective from a pharmacist and physician assistant with opioid treatment experience.
- Engaging Friday evening reception: Mingle with interprofessional peers and mentors, engage with our sponsors and exhibitors, and cool prizes!
- Keynote speaker with a personal story to tell. Learn about an Idaho mother and son who battled opioid addiction at a professional and personal level, as told to KTVB News Channel 7 this spring.
- Breakfast and lunch both served on Saturday.
- Saturday speakers and a young professional panel. Learn from experienced providers from different disciplines about screening, treatment, alternatives to pain medication, and interprofessional teamwork. Hear from a panel of young practitioners just out of school or residency discussing challenges and celebrations.
- Closing and future networking. We don’t want it to end and neither will you, so we’ll explore ways to keep interprofessional peers and mentors connected after the conference is over.