INA Celebrates incorporation date 82 years ago on December 12, 1936
This announcement has 1 attachment:
On December 12, 1936, the Idaho Nurses Association became officially incorporated and recognized by the Idaho Secretary of State. The association had rebounded after losing all of its assetts in the 1932 bank closure in the depth of the depression. The incorporation and legal status was the result of the June 6, 1935, annual meeting where the INA reported a fund balance of $441.24, which was sufficient to pay the costs for legal incorporation and continue running the INA. Mrs. Minnie Rassmussen, RN, who worked at the Rupert Hospital was elected president and she was responsible to manage the process. On the original document you can see the signatures of many historical nurses who greatly impacted Idaho nursing. These included Sister Mary Alphonsus, RSM, RN, who was the administrator and sister superior at Mercy Hospital in Nampa, and who became the longest serving chairman in the history of the Idaho Board of Nursing. Another famous Idaho nurse who signed the original document was Helen Ada Smith, RN, Director of the St. Luke's Hospital School of Nursing from 1922 until her death in 1941 and in whose honor St. Luke's Hospital School of Nursing graduates founded the Helen A. Smith nursing education fund that was active until 2004 when the Idaho Nurses Foundation gave the remaining fund balance to the Boise State University School of Nursing's "Friends of Nursing" in her honor.
2018 marks 82 years since the Idaho Nurses Association attained legal status in Idaho, and 109 years since it was founded.